My mind was blank for the past many days and my blog been a true reflection of that blankness. The net connection at home which been down for the past 5 days kept me away from my blog and so I couldn't get the motivation to write. So, the last few nights were spend watching movies. Anyway, Yesterday night I got this sudden urge to write something, maybe because of the wild holy celebrations by the bloggers in my company yesterday evening. I think the riot of colours on everyone's faces and my own eyes stirred up my mind. So here it goes...
Advertisements are an art form, just like movies. Some are irritating, some are pleasing. Some are well timed whereas some others are ill timed. Here is one such list...
Strategically placed ADs and establishments
1. Condom AD placed at the climatic curve of a long hairpin climb.
2. Motion control(Constipation inducing) tablets AD placed at the backside of the door to a public toilet.
Reason-Nobody would dare to use a public toilet unless in an emergency case which at most times happens to be a bad stomach due to an over eating excercise. And by placing the AD at the back of the door, we can be sure that it will be noticed.
3. Restaurant AD(or the restaurant itself) near the venue of a political Satyagraha.
Reason- You will think that this is a candidate for a wrongly placed AD. No, this is one of the best placed of the lot considering the sincerity level of our political Satyagrahis.
4. Job website AD at the gate of popular companies.
Caution- This works only during recession.
5. 'Horse for sale' AD outside parliament.
Reason-Obvious. Think horsetrading.
6. Saree shop AD outside Ramsene headquarters.
7. Pirated CD/DVD stall in front of a music shop. I saw a perfect example of this infront of musicworld in Bangalore. When I got out of musicworld, there was hardly anyone inside, but there was a big crowd in front of the pirate guy.
8. Matrimonial agency/website AD outside a family court.
9. 'Defeat fear of heights. Meet Psychologist Mr. X' AD placed at a bungee jumping location.
10. 'Complete final year project for 500 rupees' AD outside engineering colleges.
Wrongly placed ADs
1. Barber shop AD at a heavy metal concert.
2. Chicken shop near a Brahmin settlement.
3. Saas bahu serial AD in between cricket matches. Set Max is the best example. Even during the current India-NZ series, which happens at hours during which saas bahu fans never watch TV, we are given an ample dose of these ADs.
4. 'Faith healing' AD opposite to an atheist's house.
5. Adoor Gopalakrishnan movie poster outside porn movie theatre.
6. Itch guard AD inside a restaurant.
Feel free to add more.
your crusader Praveen